This is one of my favorite things! I was inspired by a white version of this clothespin mirror by Tara Dennis. But I have a lot of paints in my stash and wanted to make a colorful version for my new apartment.
- about 64 clothespins, depending on the size of your mirror.
- small mirror (I think I used a 4-inch mirror from Michael's) .
- small wooden disc for the backing
- hot glue
- Separate the clothespins by taking the metal parts out.
- Decide what colors you want and how many clothespins you need.
- Divide the number of clothespins by number of colors. The end number is how many clothespins you'll paint of each color.
- Get painting! I used two coats on each pin. Set to dry.
- Glue the mirror to the middle of the wooden disc.
- Arrange the clothespins around your mirror in order. I found it easier to keep the clothespins flush together if they were already organized.
- Glue the clothespins in place and let it set.
What do you think? What colors would you use to spruce up your space?